Sautéed Chicken With Sweet Potatoes and Pears Recipe from Real Simple
Serves 4 – Hands-On Time: 30 mins | Total Time: 35 mins
Photo by David Prince
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
kosher salt and black pepper
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed (1 1/2 cups)
1 firm pear, peeled, cored, and cubed
1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle the chicken with ? teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
2. Sauté the chicken until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes per side. Remove from skillet, cover, and set aside.
3. Add the sweet potato and ½ cup water to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the pear and cook for 5 more minutes or until the potato is tender.
5. Transfer to a bowl. Toss with the vinegar, mustard, tarragon, ? teaspoon each salt and pepper, and 3 tablespoons of water.